While armed drones are not truly transformative weapons, they do offer the United States some significant advantages, particularly against enemies that lack air defenses. How the United States uses these weapons today and into the future will be important in shaping a broader set of international norms that discourage their misuse by others.
RAND Corporation Provides Objective Research Services and Public Policy Analysis
News reports on RAND research and commentary.
- More than half of U.S. workers say they are overweight Apr 17, 2014 (CBS MoneyWatch.com)
- It's Business as Usual with the West's Arch Enemy Apr 17, 2014 (Fiscal Times)
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand takes up fight for veterans with mental issues Apr 17, 2014 (Newsday, NY)
- 'The Railway Man' Explores Torture Forgiven But Not Forgotten Apr 16, 2014 (U.S. News & World Report online)
- Evaluation of Integrated Care at CMHCs Reveals Successes, Challenges Apr 16, 2014 (Psychiatric News)
- Iran Escalates Dispute Over U.N. Envoy Apr 16, 2014 (New York Times)
- Hackonomics: Street prices for black market bugs Apr 16, 2014 (ZDNet News)
- Russia is only a regional power? Don't bet on it, some say Apr 15, 2014 (McClatchy Newspapers)
- The 7.5 Million Insured Through Obamacare Are Only Part Of The Story Apr 15, 2014 (NPR, Morning Edition)
- Caring For Wounded Vet A Burden Family Gladly Shares Apr 13, 2014 (NPR, Weekend Edition Sunday)