RAND Locations: Washington, D.C. Office
RAND Corporation, Washington Office
RAND's Washington Office is located just off Interstate 395, near both the Pentagon and National Airport. The building fronts on South Hayes Street in Arlington. The parking garage is reached through the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City.
- Driving south on I-395—Take Exit 8C - Route 1 (Jefferson Davis Highway), Crystal City, Pentagon City. Proceed on Route 1 to exit for 15th Street - Pentagon City. Take 15th Street to Hayes Street. Turn right on Hayes Street to 1200 South Hayes.
- Driving north on I-395—Take Exit 8C - Route 1 South/Pentagon City.
- Driving south on the George Washington Parkway—From the Beltway entrance, follow the Washington DC/I-395 signs. Pass the exits for Key Bridge and Rosslyn. You will see signs for Lyndon Johnson Grove/395/Pentagon. Approximately one-half mile past the exit for the Memorial Bridge and Arlington Cemetery, take the exit ramp to the right and then stay right, toward 395 South/Pentagon. Once up on 395, pass the first exit ramp marked "Pentagon/Mall Entrance" and take the second ramp to the right at the 244 West/Columbia Pike/ Navy Annex exit. At first stoplight turn left onto South Joyce Street. Continue to next light, turn left onto Army Navy Drive. Entrance to the Fashion Center at Pentagon City parking is on the right, just past the entrance to Harris Teeter.
- Driving north on the George Washington Parkway—Take the Richmond/I-395 South exit. Get in the left lane and take Exit 8C-15th Street South/Pentagon City.
- Driving south on Route 1—Exit at 15th Street South/Pentagon City. Turn right.
- Driving north on Route 1—Exit at 15th Street South/Pentagon City. Turn left.
- Driving east on I-66, toward D.C.—Take Exit 75-Route 110 Pentagon City. Follow the Route 1 South signs and pass the Pentagon Building to the Pentagon City exit.
- From the Woodrow Wilson Bridge—Take Route 1 North, through Alexandria, until you reach Crystal City. Exit at 15th Street and turn left.
Parking is available in the parking structure of the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City and can be entered from either Army-Navy Drive or 15th Street.
As of August 19, 2011, the fees are as follows:
0-2 hrs – $2.00
2-3 hrs – $3.00
3-4 hrs – $4.00
4-5 hrs – $5.00
5-6 hrs – $6.00
6-8 hrs – $10.00
8-10 hrs – $14.00
10-24 hrs – $16.00
Arriving by Train
From Union Station (Washington), take Metro (Red Line, toward Grosvenor) to Gallery Place (about 4 minutes); then from Gallery Place transfer to the Yellow Line (headed to Huntington) and get off at Pentagon City (about 10 minutes).
RAND is located above the Pentagon City Metro station, which is served by both the blue and yellow lines. After passing the farecard vending machines, take the corridor to the left. At its end, there are two escalators. Take the escalator to the left to reach the street level. When you reach the top of the escalator, you will be outside of the building. Make a right, cross the service road, and proceed on the sidewalk to your right to the glassed-in street-level office building lobby. (Do not go in the mall entrance.) Take the elevator to the fourth floor.
From the parking garage, enter the mall and proceed to the food court area.
Take the escalator to the ground-floor level of the mall, and exit the mall
through the doors in front of you. Turn left and enter the
office building directly from the lobby entrance on Hayes Street, and take
the elevator to the fourth floor.
View information for conference attendees coming to the Washington Office.