Geoffrey McGovern is a policy researcher working primarily in the RAND Institute for Civil Justice and the RAND National Defense Research Institute. A political scientist and a lawyer by training, McGovern's research has focused on matters of statutory compliance, government contracting, alternative dispute resolution, environmental policy, asbestos litigation, healthcare law and policy, and defense acquisitions. Past RAND research includes an extensive study of asbestos personal injury bankruptcy trusts, as well as a study of alternative dispute resolution in Australia. Prior to joining RAND, McGovern was a Fulbright Fellow in Finland.
- Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
- Australian Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Defense Department Insourcing
- Gulf Coast Restoration and Recovery
Honors & Awards
- Fulbright Fellow, J. William Fulbright Program