Lisa Miyashiro is a research programmer and analyst at the RAND Corporation and a professor at the Pardee RAND Graduate School. She has extensive experience analyzing data on a range of topics, including global and domestic health, the military, and criminal justice. She has expertise in using geographic information systems (GIS), Atlast.ti, SAS, and GeoClip to perform a combination of quantitative, qualitative, and spatial analysis. Miyashiro earned her M.S. in public policy and management from Carnegie Mellon University.
- In-Depth Analysis of Diversity for Advancement in AF Civilian Service and Sensitive Tasks
- Do Departments of Parks and Recreation Foster or Alleviate Health Disparities?
- Motivational Interviewing and Culture for Urban Native American Youth (MICUNAY)
- A Multi-Ethnic Faith and Public Health Partnership to Reduce Health Disparities
- Availability and Efficacy of Military-Culture Appropriate Psychological Health Treatment for Geographically Distant Service Members and Their Families
Walter L. Perry, Claude Berrebi, Ryan A. Brown, John Hollywood, Amber Jaycocks, Parisa Roshan, Thomas J. Sullivan, Lisa Miyashiro, Predicting suicide attacks: characteristics of bombings in Israel, RAND Corporation (RB-9723-NRL), 2013
Malcolm V. Williams, Tamara Dubowitz, Dawn Jacobson, Kristin Leuschner, Lisa Miyashiro, Elizabeth D. Steiner, Margaret M. Weden, Mapping the gaps: ideas for using GIS to enhance local health department priority setting and program planning, Rand Corporation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (TR-4416-RWJ TQF), 2011
Christine A. Vaughan, Glenn J. Wagner, Lisa Miyashiro, Gery W. Ryan, James D. Scott, The role of the home environment and routinization in ART adherence, Journal of the International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (EP-201100-58), 2011
Laurie T. Martin, Allen Fremont, Alexandria Felton, Teague Ruder, Chloe E. Bird, Lisa Miyashiro, Mark Hanson, Nicole Lurie, Prototype Interactive Mapping Tool to Target Low Health Literacy in Missouri, RAND Corporation (TR-811-MFH), 2010
Lois M. Davis, Nancy Nicosia, Adrian Overton, Lisa Miyashiro, Kathryn Pitkin Derose, Terry Fain, Susan Turner, Paul Steinberg, Eugene Williams, III, Understanding the Public Health Implications of Prisoner Reentry in California, RAND Corporation (TR-687-TCE), 2009