Teachers Matter: Understanding Teachers' Impact on Student Achievement
Many people emphasize the importance of good teachers, and many local, state, and federal policies are designed to promote teacher quality. Research using student scores on standardized tests confirms the common perception that some teachers are more effective than others and also reveals that being taught by an effective teacher has important consequences for student achievement.
More Fact Sheets From the Measuring Teacher Effectiveness Series
- Teachers Matter Understanding Teachers' Impact on Student Achievement
- Multiple Choices Options for Measuring Teaching Effectiveness
- Tests and the Teacher What Student Achievement Tests Do—and Don't—Tell Us About Teacher Effectiveness
- Value-Added Modeling 101 Using Student Test Scores to Help Measure Teaching Effectiveness
- Student Growth Percentiles 101 Using Relative Ranks in Student Test Scores to Help Measure Teaching Effectiveness