The Southern California Evidence-based Practice Center
The Southern California Evidence-based Practice Center is part of the Evidence-based Practice Program sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality since 1997. One of 11 such Centers nationwide, the Center:
- conducts systematic reviews and technology assessments of all aspects of health care;
- performs research on improving the methods of synthesizing the scientific evidence and developing evidence reports and technology assessments; and
- provides technical assistance to other organizations in their efforts to translate evidence reports and technology assessments into guidelines, performance measures, and other quality-improvement tools.
The Center combines the talents of RAND and its four California health care institutions:
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Francisco
- Stanford University
- University of Southern California
The Center is also affiliated with five health services research training programs, and the Guidelines International Network.