Directions for Internal Applicants
We encourage career growth and development for current employees. You qualify as an internal applicant if
- you are a regular or term RAND employee and
- you have been in your current job at least 12 months (exceptions are rare and must be approved in advance by Human Resources).
Follow These Steps
- Log into My HR using your network ID and password.
- Go to Self Service > Recruiting Activities > Careers to see a list of current openings. Read the job description to be sure you meet all qualifications.
- If you wish, you may contact the hiring manager for more information about the position. This is an informal information-gathering interview. At this point, you do not need to inform your current manager.
- If you decide to apply, submit a cover letter that includes a statement of interest and a brief summary of your qualifications, along with a resume or CV through the online system. Please also email your HR generalist to let them know to expect your application. Your HR generalist will review your qualifications and notify you if you are eligible for the position.
- Notify your current manager of your interest in the new position.
- Depending on the needs and practices of the research unit or corporate
area, the hiring manager may
- schedule one or more additional interviews
- arrange for appropriate testing, an in-person presentation, or any other requirements
- review relevant sections of your personnel file (such as performance reviews, RAND job history, and employment application).
If your application is successful, the hiring manager will coordinate with Human Resources to offer you the position.
For more information, please view the videos and Quicks Starts on the eRecruit portion of the Human Resources page on the intranet.
RAND is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/People with Disabilities