RAND Summer Institute
RAND is pleased to announce the 21st annual RAND Summer Institute (RSI). RSI consists of two annual conferences that address critical issues facing our aging population. The Mini-Medical School for Social Scientists on July 7–8, and the Demography, Economics, Psychology, and Epidemiology of Aging conference on July 9–10, 2014. Both conferences will convene at the RAND Corporation headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
We are excited to share a preliminary list of confirmed speakers at this year’s Mini-Med conference:
- Patricia Boyle (Rush University Medical Center)
- Judith Campisi (Buck Institute for Research on Aging/Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Steve Cole (UCLA)
- Claudio Francheschi (University of Bologna)
- Michael Gurven (UC Santa Barbara)
- Stephen Suomi (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development)
Confirmed preliminary speakers for this year’s Aging conference are:
- Laura Carstensen (Stanford)
- S. Jay Olshansky (UIC)
- Dan Benjamin (Cornell)
- Diane Lauderdale (University of Chicago)
- Kathleen McGarry (UCLA)
- John Mirowsky (UT Austin)
We are now accepting applications. Applications and supplemental materials are due March 21, 2014.
The conferences are sponsored by the National Institute on Aging and the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research.
Qualified applicants must hold a Ph.D. or have completed two years of a Ph.D. program and be actively working on a dissertation. Only applicants working in the field of aging—or actively considering this research field—will be considered.