Population Matters Overview
Highlighting the Policy Relevance of Demographic Research
The goals of the Population Matters program are to highlight the importance of population policy issues, and to supply a more scientific basis for public debate over population policy questions. Learn more.
Program activities include:
- Identifying important and topical population issues
- Reviewing relevant, scientifically sound research on these issues
- Summarizing and synthesizing the research and drawing policy implications
- Disseminating this information to key audiences through the most effective means
- Translating selected products into various languages
As India and China continue to grow in prominence, each nation has certain advantages, but neither one is primed to have clear across-the-board competitive advantages over the other.