Run a Survey
The American Educator Panels can run a survey for you and provide you with clean, weighted data files of completed responses afterward. We have recruited over 25,000 teachers, 8,000 principals, and 1,000 district leaders into the panels from across the United States using rigorous, probability-based sampling methods.
Based on your needs, our statisticians will identify a sample to whom your survey will be administered. After your survey closes, the AEP team will provide you with a full set of technical documentation including the survey questionnaire, codebook, and a clean data file that has been weighted by statisticians to be representative of your target population and has undergone extensive quality assurance. In addition to surveys, you may also commission RAND to conduct interviews, analyses, and reporting of results.
The RAND AEP team can work with you to create a survey that meets your goals. If you are interested in working with us to survey the panels, please fill out this form, and we will get back to you about moving forward.Fill out the AEP survey intake form to get started
The Steps of Running an AEP Survey
- Fill out the AEP survey intake form with some initial details about your potential survey.
- A member of the RAND AEP team will be in touch to discuss your project.
- Based on your survey details, the AEP team will provide a cost estimate.
- The AEP team can provide you with input to refine your survey items.
- The AEP team will program your survey into an online platform and test the online programming carefully; they will also give you the opportunity to test the programming to ensure its accuracy.
- Based on your specifications, the AEP team will draw a random sample from the appropriate panel(s) to take your online survey and meet your required number of completes.
- You will receive a clean, weighted data file with results, along with a codebook and technical documentation. We will also send an Excel file summarizing the weighted responses to each survey question.