Roberta Wohlstetter Forum on National Security
Watch video of the event highlights
||Wednesday, October 24, 2018
||8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET
Program begins at 8:30 a.m.
||Continental breakfast and lunch will be served
1200 South Hayes Street
Arlington, Virginia 22202-5050
How to Attend
Registration for this event has closed. For general questions, to be added to the waitlist, or to update an existing registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- Registration and coffee
- 8:30 – 8:45 a.m.
- 8:45 – 9:45 a.m.
- First Panel: Fighting a Disinformation War
- Elise Labott, CNN Global Affairs Correspondent (Moderator)
- Jennifer Kavanagh, RAND, "Truth Decay as National Security Threat"
- Elizabeth Bodine-Baron, RAND, "Disinformation and the United States"
- Susan Hennessey, Brookings Institution, "Free Speech and National Security"
- 9:45 – 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Second Panel: Technology as a Battlefield Game Changer
- Sylvie Lanteaume, National Security Correspondent, Agence France Presse (Moderator)
- Cortney Weinbaum, RAND, "Assessment of the Latest Emerging Technologies"
- Elsa B. Kania, Center for a New American Security, "The Operational Impact of Artificial Intelligence"
- Stacie Pettyjohn, RAND, "Lessons from Multi-Domain Operations"
- 11:00 – 11:15 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Third Panel: The Uncertain Future of Warfare
- Nadia Bilbassy, Washington Bureau Chief, Al Arabiya (Moderator)
- Yuna Wong, RAND, "Wargaming as a Preparatory and Pedagogical Tool"
- Cherie Emerson, Army G3/5/7 Strategic Analysis Division, "Strategies for an Uncertain Future"
- Lara Schmidt, RAND, "Cyber Preparedness"
- 12:15 – 12:30 p.m.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Keynote Conversation and Lunch