Roberta Wohlstetter Forum on National Security
||Wednesday, October 24, 2018
||8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET
Program begins at 8:30 a.m.
||Continental breakfast and lunch will be served
1200 South Hayes Street
Arlington, Virginia 22202-5050
Watch video of the event highlights
How to Attend
Registration for this event has closed. For general questions, to be added to the waitlist, or to update an existing registration, please contact email@example.com.
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- Registration and coffee
- 8:30 – 8:45 a.m.
- 8:45 – 9:45 a.m.
- First Panel: Fighting a Disinformation War
- Elise Labott, CNN Global Affairs Correspondent (Moderator)
- Jennifer Kavanagh, RAND, "Truth Decay as National Security Threat"
- Elizabeth Bodine-Baron, RAND, "Disinformation and the United States"
- Susan Hennessey, Brookings Institution, "Free Speech and National Security"
- 9:45 – 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Second Panel: Technology as a Battlefield Game Changer
- Sylvie Lanteaume, National Security Correspondent, Agence France Presse (Moderator)
- Cortney Weinbaum, RAND, "Assessment of the Latest Emerging Technologies"
- Elsa B. Kania, Center for a New American Security, "The Operational Impact of Artificial Intelligence"
- Stacie Pettyjohn, RAND, "Lessons from Multi-Domain Operations"
- 11:00 – 11:15 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Third Panel: The Uncertain Future of Warfare
- Nadia Bilbassy, Washington Bureau Chief, Al Arabiya (Moderator)
- Yuna Wong, RAND, "Wargaming as a Preparatory and Pedagogical Tool"
- Cherie Emerson, Army G3/5/7 Strategic Analysis Division, "Strategies for an Uncertain Future"
- Lara Schmidt, RAND, "Cyber Preparedness"
- 12:15 – 12:30 p.m.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Keynote Conversation and Lunch
- Christine Wormuth, Director, International Security and Defense Policy Center, RAND
- Kimberly Kagan, Founder and President, Institute for the Study of War