Alternatives to the ACA
Using the COMPARE model, we have assessed the effects of modifying the ACA or replacing it with another plan.
Read More About the Future of U.S. Health Care
- Modifications include repealing the individual mandate, modifying tax credit subsidies, revising some of the market regulations, and modifying Medicaid expansion
- During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump proposed repeal of the ACA and Hillary Clinton suggested modifications.
- A set of proposals suggests replacing the ACA with a single payer plan.
- We analyzed the the Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility, and Empowerment (CARE) Act offered by Senators Burr, Hatch, and Upton in 2016.
- We also assessed how the American Health Care Act (AHCA), passed by the House in March 6, 2017, would affect health care coverage and federal spending.
What's Hot Now