The city of Santa Monica wanted to incorporate wellbeing into city planning, policies, and programs. RAND researchers, as part of a team of experts, helped create a framework for measuring wellbeing and applying the findings to city planning.
Working With RAND Health
To serve as the world's most trusted source of objective analysis and effective solutions for improving health.
What We Do
Much of our work focuses on the impact of innovations and policy options to reduce health care costs while improving health.
For more than 40 years, RAND Health Care has conducted objective, nonpartisan research and analysis that has contributed to health policymaking throughout the world.
Much of our work focuses on the impact of innovations and policy options to reduce health care costs while improving health. But we also conduct research that
- strengthens public health
- enhances service delivery
- improves health system performance
- assesses promising technologies
- evaluates organizational effectiveness.
Who We Are
Our staff includes more than 275 experts from a wide range of disciplines:
- policy analysis
- political science
What We Believe
Meaningful health care policy research should make a difference by tackling the most formidable challenges facing the United States and the global community:
- curbing the relentless rise of health care costs
- enhancing the quality and safety of health care delivery
- improving population health through public health and prevention.