My RAND Help
- Why Should I Register?
- How Do I Create a New My RAND Account?
- How Do I Save Pages to My RAND?
- How Do I Remove Saved Pages?
- How Do I Verify My RAND Affiliation?
- Why Can't I Login to My Account?
- How Do I Delete a My RAND Account?
- Still Have a Question?
1. Why Should I Register?
RAND.org is a big place with over 65 years of content waiting to be discovered. Take full advantage of our free online resources and help keep abreast of cutting edge policy research by registering to stay informed, keep the most vital resources at your fingertips, and gain access to a wealth of information — all for free.
Getting an account on RAND.org lets you
- Compile your own library of RAND resources: Save the reports, projects, multimedia, and staff profiles that interest you, so you can find them more easily when you return.
- Stay informed: Manage your e-newsletter subscriptions with one click.
2. How Do I Create a New My RAND Account?
Creating a "My RAND" account is easy — visit the My RAND Account Registration page. You can set up your account using a social media account (Facebook, Twitter, or Google) or create a new account with your email address and a password.
If you register with your email address, you will receive an email at the address you provide with a link to authenticate your account. You do not need to authenticate, but some features or content, such as email newsletter subscriptions, may not be available to you until you do. To authenticate, simply click on the link in your email.
3. How Do I Save Pages to My RAND?
Located on the right side of every page, My RAND allows you to keep track ofthe pages that interest you.
- When you find a page you would like to save, click the purple star icon on the gray bar at the right edge of the page.
- If you are not logged into your My RAND account, you will be prompted to sign in. If you do not have a My RAND account, you will have the option to create a new account.
4. How Do I Remove Saved Pages?
To remove single pages:
- Navigate to the page you would like to remove (for example, click on the link in your My RAND box).
- Click on the star icon at the right edge of the page.
To remove multiple pages:
- Navigate to your My RAND page.
- On the Saved Items tab, find the page(s) you would like to remove.
- Click the star icon in the "Remove" column to the right of each saved item.
5. How Do I Verify My RAND Affiliation?
RAND Alumni Association, Policy Circle, and Advisory Board Members
If you have indicated that you are affiliated with the RAND Alumni Association, the RAND Policy Circle, or an Advisory Board, our staff will review and verify your current standing. Once your account has been vetted, your profile will be updated to reflect the change in status, usually within 5 days.
In order to ensure that the email address associated with your RAND account is valid and correct, you will receive a confirmation email. By clicking on the link in the email, you will confirm your request and or verify that your account is linked to a legitimate address.
6. Why Can't I Login to My Account?
When I Try to Reset My Password, It Says the Email Address Does Not Exist
The email address field is case sensitive. When you login, make sure that you capitalize your email address in the same way that you registered with it. If you are applying for a job or completing a job application, see the section below (For Job Applicants).
For Job Applicants
The My RAND login is separate from the job application login. To review and/or complete your current job applications, click this link and the RAND jobs application website will open in a new window. You can also visit the Employment homepage and click the "Login" button under the "Returning Applicants" section on the page.
For American Teacher Panel Participants
The My RAND login is separate from the American Teacher Panel login. If you have received login instructions from the American Teacher Panel, please follow those. If you are still having login problems, you may contact them directly for further assistance at email@example.com.
For RAND Staff
Your My RAND account uses a separate password from other accounts you may have at RAND. It is not linked to your internal password(s). If you cannot remember your My RAND password, visit the Request Password Reset page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
7. How Do I Delete a My RAND Account?
To delete a My RAND account, contact us through the My RAND Help Form. Be sure to provide the email address associated with your My RAND account. We will contact you by email to verify that you would like to delete your account.