For Internal Job Applicants
We encourage career growth and development for current employees. You qualify as an internal applicant if
- you are a regular or term RAND employee and
- you have been in your current job at least 12 months (exceptions are rare and must be approved in advance by Human Resources).
- Log in to Workday (link can be found on the Intranet banner or by entering “workday.rand.org” in your browser address bar).
- Click on the “Career” icon within your Applications on your homepage.
- Click on “Find RAND Jobs” to see a list of current openings. You can use the Search facets along the left-hand column to filter the list to your preferences. Read the job description to be sure you meet all qualifications.
- If you wish, you may contact your HR Services Manager (HRSM) or the hiring manager for more information about the position. This is an informal information-gathering conversation. You would not need to inform your current manager at this point.
- If you decide to apply, you will be required to submit a cover letter that should include a statement of interest and a brief summary of your qualifications, along with a resume or CV, and to answer a couple of brief questions through the online system.
- Depending on the needs and practices of the research division or corporate area, the hiring manager may:
- schedule one or more additional interviews
- arrange for appropriate testing, an in-person presentation, or any other requirements
- review relevant sections of your personnel file (such as performance reviews, RAND job history, and employment application).
- If you are scheduled for an interview, please notify your current manager of your interest in the new position.
If your application is successful, the hiring manager will coordinate with Human Resources to extend an offer to you for the position.
Additionally, RAND has important work to do in a number of fields and we need everyone's help in identifying and attracting high caliber new staff. RAND staff members are encouraged to refer and share potential employment opportunities with friends, neighbors, colleagues, business acquaintances, and other qualified individuals.
If you are interested in referring someone to an open position, click the “Refer” button within the job posting. (Note: the button will only be visible if the position is also posted for external consideration.) You will be required to complete a few fields pertaining to the individual (i.e., first name, last name, email, and your relation/association to the referral). The individual will then receive an email from the system with a link to the posting to formally apply if interested.
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet