RAND Expert Eric Heginbotham to Discuss U.S.-China Military Balance of Power
Eric Heginbotham, a senior political scientist at the nonprofit RAND Corporation will participate in a congressional briefing to discuss findings from his recent RAND report, “The U.S.-China Military Scorecard: Forces, Geography, and the Evolving Balance of Power 1996–2017.”
Among the issues Heginbotham will address:
- How has the military balance of power in Asia evolved in recent years?
- What are the challenges the United States can expect to face in the region in the future?
- In the event of a conflict, how could the United States and China engage?
- What are the relative gains that China's military could use against the United States?
- What impact does geography and distance have on each nation's ability to achieve critical objectives?
Monday, Oct. 5, 2015 from noon to 1 p.m. ET
Rayburn House Office Building B-338, Washington, D.C.
To arrange an interview, contact the RAND Office of Media Relations:
(703) 414-4795 or
(310) 451-6913, or
send an email to email@example.com.