RAND Expert to Speak on Countering Terrorism Financing in Iraq and Syria and Other Emerging Threats
Colin Clarke, senior political scientist at the RAND Corporation, will speak before the House Financial Services Committee, Subcommittee on Terrorism and Illicit Finance, presenting An Overview of Current Trends in Terrorism and Illicit Finance: Lessons from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and Other Emerging Threats.
Clarke will discuss:
- terrorism financing and how ISIS has become the wealthiest insurgent group in history
- how terrorist groups generate income and how their methods have evolved
- how ISIS may attempt to finance a new campaign of terror
- implications for U.S. national security
- the current campaign to counter ISIS finances.
9:15 a.m., ET, Friday, Sept. 7, 2018
2128 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
To arrange an interview, contact the RAND Office of Media Relations:
(703) 414-4795 or
(310) 451-6913, or
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.