RAND Expert to Testify on UK Defence Strategy and Capabilities
Benedict Wilkinson, a deputy director for defence at RAND Europe, will testify before the House of Lords International Relations and Defence Committee on UK Defence strategy and capabilities.
Wilkinson will discuss:
- the main messages of the Defence Command Paper and to what extent it responds to the goals set by the Integrated Review, both published in 2021
- the drivers and implications of the announced increase in the UK's nuclear warhead stockpile ceiling
- the extent to which Russia's invasion of Ukraine poses challenges to the Government's Defence strategy
- how European defence and deterrence could be redefined in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine
- the UK's defence priorities in Asia.
11:30 am, BST, Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Webcast: https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/9b36ad67-377b-46da-82ce-24fc688cce2a
To arrange an interview with Benedict Wilkinson please contact email@example.com or +44 (0) 1223 353329.