Virtual Event: Planning for Climate Resilience in the U.S. Air Force
Extreme weather and climate change pose a number of challenges to the Department of the Air Force, making resilience to climate effects a critical piece of the department's broader national security goals.
RAND Project AIR FORCE will host a virtual event exploring the potential security, strategic, and geopolitical implications of climate change; the use of wargames to understand operational challenges; and analytic methods for prioritizing resilience investments to mitigate risks.
- Stephanie Young (moderator), director of the Resource Management Program, RAND Project AIR FORCE
- Edwin H. Oshiba, SES, acting assistant secretary of the Air Force for energy, installations, and environment
- Bryan Frederick, associate director of the Strategy and Doctrine Program, RAND Project AIR FORCE
- Abbie Tingstad, associate director of the Management, Technology, and Capabilities Program, RAND Homeland Security Research Division; codirector of the RAND Climate Resilience Center
- Anu Narayanan, associate director of the Forces and Logistics Program, RAND Arroyo Center
Thursday, February 2, 2023
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EST/12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PST
Click here to register and request a link to this virtual event. A link to the virtual panel session will be sent upon registration.
To arrange an interview, contact the RAND Office of Media Relations:
(703) 414-4795 or
(310) 451-6913, or
send an email to email@example.com.