RAND Europe is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation whose mission is to help improve policy and decision-making through research and analysis. We benefit the public interest through the impact and wide dissemination of over 100 projects per year.
Our staff represent 22 nationalities, speaks over 20 languages and covers 31 academic disciplines. Our multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches to research generate unique perspectives and insights for our wide-ranging government, foundation and other NGO clients.
RAND Europe’s research is rigorously peer-reviewed, draws on extensive subject and methodological expertise, and is conducted in a professional, delivery-oriented environment.
There are no opportunities currently available. Please check back, however, and thank you for your interest in RAND Europe.
Research Communications Officer
Reports to: Head of Communications
Location of post: Cambridge
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job reference: 1211 (please state clearly on all communications)
Deadline for applications: 7th June 2015
Be a story teller for RAND Europe research and coordinate communication campaigns for impact.
- Working with researchers, write narratives about RAND Europe research findings, target audiences and coordinate launches, using appropriate communications tools to achieve greatest impact
- Leverage existing research for broader application
- Support corporate communication material and events
- Attract interest in RAND Europe research among press and media.
Skills and Experience
- Strong writing skills underpinned by analytical thinking
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and social media
- Able to cover a range of research topics.
- Keen interest in public policy
- Knowledge of working with the press
- Strong grasp of English grammar and copyediting experience
- Ability to work in an open plan office.
Degree-level education with some professional experience to demonstrate writing abilities.
Remuneration and Details
Full-time members of the team enjoy a competitive salary and additionally benefit from the following:
- 8% employer contribution pension
- Bupa medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Generous holiday allowance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible working arrangement
- Permanent health insurance
- Group life assurance
- A friendly multinational work environment
- Employee wellbeing initiatives - such as cycle to work schemes, fresh fruit and company bikes
Our Cambridge office is Westbrook Centre Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG, England
Our Brussels office is Rue de la Loi 82, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Please note: All applicants will be asked for proof that they are eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
If you feel, based on the job descriptions above, that you have the qualities to be a part of our team please send the following by email only to Recruitment@rand.org:
- CV and covering letter
- A short writing sample (up to three pages, aimed at a non-technical audience)
- Details of where you saw the vacancy
Please state clearly the job reference number on all communications.
To view all job openings at RAND, visit the corporate employment page.