RAND Europe is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation whose mission is to help improve policy and decision-making through research and analysis. We benefit the public interest through the impact and wide dissemination of over 100 projects per year.
Our staff represent 22 nationalities, speaks over 20 languages and covers 31 academic disciplines. Our multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches to research generate unique perspectives and insights for our wide-ranging government, foundation and other NGO clients.
RAND Europe’s research is rigorously peer-reviewed, draws on extensive subject and methodological expertise, and is conducted in a professional, delivery-oriented environment.
There are no opportunities currently available. Please check back, however, and thank you for your interest in RAND Europe.
Senior Analyst/Research Leader,
Specialising in Systematic Review and Evidence Synthesis
Reports to: Research Group Director, Innovation, Health and Science
Location of post: Cambridge
Salary: £37,000 – £57,000
Job reference: 1213 (please state clearly on all communications)
Deadline for applications: 20 July 2015
A senior researcher to lead systematic review and documented evidence reviews, and engage with senior policymakers and academics to further RAND Europe’s mission. The Innovation, Health and Science team works across domains of health research, innovation and care.
We are looking to recruit a senior researcher with expertise in systematic reviews and other evidence synthesis methodologies such as rapid evidence assessments, literature reviews, meta-analysis, etc. Specific subject areas of expertise ideally would include healthcare organisation and quality of care, cross-national health system and policy analysis, and public health, but our priority is to recruit a researcher with the relevant methodological skills.
Our team works in partnership with Professor Martin Roland’s group at the University of Cambridge through the Cambridge Centre for Health Services Research (CCHSR) and the successful applicant would have ample opportunity to work with CCHSR if that matched their subject expertise.
RAND Europe is part of the global RAND Corporation and the candidate would additionally benefit from engagement with the wider RAND network of researchers and contribute to RAND's wider knowledge base and long track record of objective and independent policy-relevant research and analysis.
- Lead multiple strategic, research-based initiatives each year
- Champion research quality standards
- Engage with senior policymakers and academics to further RAND Europe's mission
- Lead internal, cross team initiatives
- Develop new perspectives and research areas at the boundaries of existing teams
- Raise RAND Europe's profile through research activities including:
- External speeches and conference presentations
- External publications including journal articles and opinion pieces
- Be responsible for junior team members' development
- Help to increase team's visibility both within and outside RAND Europe
- Manage and deliver complex projects to quality, cost, and time standards
Skills and Experience
- Strong methodological skills in evidence synthesis and systematic literature reviews, including qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Proven track record of successful research and analysis within academic, professional services or public sector domains, including acquiring and managing research funding
- Experience applying skills to policy problems and driven to improve policy
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise, including improving research and writing contributions of others
- Skilled in managing complex external relationships
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task, work flexibly, and process large amounts of information effectively
- Fluency in English
- Track record in health systems or health services research at postgraduate degree level or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of health and healthcare challenges and priorities in the UK and Europe
- Relevant experience in health or social science discipline, including public health, health services research, health policy research, or health economics
- Proficiency in additional languages would be an additional asset
Post graduate degree or equivalent
Remuneration and Details
Full-time members of the team enjoy a competitive salary and additionally benefit from the following:
- 8% employer contribution pension
- Bupa medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Generous holiday allowance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible working arrangement
- Permanent health insurance
- Group life assurance
- A friendly multinational work environment
- Employee wellbeing initiatives - such as cycle to work schemes, fresh fruit and company bikes
Our Cambridge office is Westbrook Centre Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG, England
Our Brussels office is Rue de la Loi 82, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Please note: All applicants will be asked for proof that they are eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
If you feel, based on the job descriptions above, that you have the qualities to be a part of our team please send the following by email only to Recruitment@rand.org:
- CV and covering letter
- A short writing sample (up to three pages, aimed at a non-technical audience)
- Details of where you saw the vacancy
Please state clearly the job reference number on all communications.
To view all job openings at RAND, visit the corporate employment page.