RAND Europe is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation whose mission is to help improve policy and decision-making through research and analysis. We benefit the public interest through the impact and wide dissemination of over 100 projects per year.
Our staff represent 22 nationalities, speaks over 20 languages and covers 31 academic disciplines. Our multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches to research generate unique perspectives and insights for our wide-ranging government, foundation and other NGO clients.
RAND Europe’s research is rigorously peer-reviewed, draws on extensive subject and methodological expertise, and is conducted in a professional, delivery-oriented environment.
There are no opportunities currently available. Please check back, however, and thank you for your interest in RAND Europe.
Reports to: Research Group Director, Home Affairs and Social Policy
Location of post: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £22,500 - £26,000
Job reference: 1224 (please state clearly on all communications)
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2015
Your primary role will be to address complex policy questions by conducting research and analysis on behalf of our clients and support the team in submitting proposals and delivering multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Doing research – interviews, literature reviews etc.
- Drafting and editing reports
- Project management on research projects
- Proposal writing - drawing up budgets, preparing administrative side of proposals, and working on the substance of proposal
Everything else: team meetings, team specific products, networking communications (e.g. speaking at conferences, drafting project summaries for the website, etc.).
Skills and Experience
- Proven methodological & writing skills
- Interest and experience in policy research
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in additional languages is an important asset
- Previous experience in a similar organisation and/or conducting research for policymakers
- Topic-specific knowledge in the policy areas covered by the Home Affairs and Social Policy Programme (employment and social policy, education, population and migration, illicit markets and substance abuse, crime and offending, evaluation and impact measurement)
- Familiarity with the applying for European Commission tenders
Educated to at least MSc level.
Remuneration and Details
Full-time members of the team enjoy a competitive salary and additionally benefit from the following:
- 8% employer contribution pension
- Bupa medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Generous holiday allowance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible working arrangement
- Permanent health insurance
- Group life assurance
- A friendly multinational work environment
- Employee wellbeing initiatives - such as cycle to work schemes, fresh fruit and company bikes
Our Cambridge office is Westbrook Centre Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG, England
Our Brussels office is Rue de la Loi 82, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Please note: All applicants will be asked for proof that they are eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
If you feel, based on the job descriptions above, that you have the qualities to be a part of our team please send the following by email only to Recruitment@rand.org:
- CV and covering letter
- A short writing sample (up to three pages, aimed at a non-technical audience)
- Details of where you saw the vacancy
Please state clearly the job reference number on all communications.
To view all job openings at RAND, visit the corporate employment page.