Autonomous Vehicle Technology
A Guide for Policymakers
- What are the advantages of automated vehicle technology?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How should the use of this technology be regulated, and at what level?
- What kinds of vehicles should be allowed on the road, and who is allowed to operate them?
- How should the safety of this technology be tested, and by whom? To what safety standards should AVs be held?
- What are the primary obstacles to realizing the benefits of this technology and what can be done about them?
This document has been superseded.