National Security Research Division
The RAND National Security Research Division (NSRD) conducts research and analysis for the U.S. government, U.S. allies, and private foundations. The division operates the National Defense Research Institute (NDRI), a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC).
What We've Been Up To
- RAND research describes European contributions to NATO air power
- Director Jack Riley discusses China and Russia in an episode of Bloomberg's "Balance of Power"
- PAXsims reviews Hedgemony, RAND's first publicly-available table game
- Christine Wormuth emphasizes the value of allies in testimony before the house armed services committee
- An article in War on the Rocks discusses RAND's Future Aircraft Carrier Options report
- Rajeev Ramchand makes the Out in National Security 2020 Leadership List
- John Parachini and Peter Wilson examine the limited success of air defense systems against drones
- Yuna Wong discusses the role of A.I. in future conflicts on the Fed Access podcast
- Michael Mazarr on U.S. power projection after COVID-19