National Security Research Division
The RAND National Security Research Division (NSRD) conducts research and analysis for the U.S. government, U.S. allies, and private foundations. The division operates the National Defense Research Institute (NDRI), a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC).
What We've Been Up To
- Samuel Charap on tensions between Russia and the West
- Researcher Mike Decker on the early years of Marine Corps intelligence
- The FY20 NDAA directs DoD to implement recommendations from a 2013 RAND report on improving STEM workforce diversity
- RAND experts react to the killing of Iranian Major General Qassem Soleimani
- Sina Beaghley talks about one of the largest data breaches in American history
- Military deception, in short, could prove to be AI's killer app
- Will Blood-Bearing Delivery Drones Transform Disaster Relief and Battlefield Medicine?
- Workshop with Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for the Middle East, Michael Mulroy
- Stars & Stripes reports on a RAND project for the U.S. Africa Command