Compensation, Accessions, and Personnel Management (CAPM) Software Information
- Microsoft Excel for Windows (one of the following):
Excel 97, 2000, 2002 (Office XP), or newer
Note: Excel 97/2000 Viewer for Windows and Excel for Macintosh will not run CAPM.
- An unzipping (decompression) utility, such as PKZIP, WinZip, or Stuffit Expander
Software License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BEFORE USING THE COMPENSATION, ACCESSIONS, AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (CAPM) SOFTWARE, YOU MUST FIRST ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect the RAND Health Cost Calculator, and all intellectual property rights in the RAND Health Cost Calculator belong to the RAND. RAND has a patent pending for the Health Cost Calculator.
- Prohibited Uses
You may not reproduce, store, publish, transmit, modify, or create derivative works from the CAPM software. Unless permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software.
- Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RAND BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE CAPM SOFTWARE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPUTER FAILURE, WORK STOPPAGE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, EVEN IF RAND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- General Terms
The laws of the State of California govern this agreement. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the RAND with respect to this transaction. Any changes to this agreement must be made in writing, signed by an authorized representative of the RAND.
IMPORTANT Setup Directions for Excel
- Macro Security must be set to Medium or Low. Setting it to High will not permit the CAPM software to function. This change should be made before opening the firsttime.xls file. How Do I Do This?
- Solver Add-In for Excel must be installed. To check this, click on the “Tools” menu with Excel, and then click on “Addins.” Scroll down the resulting list to see if the “Solver Add-in” box is checked. If it is not checked, check it and click “OK.” If Solver is not listed in the Add-Ins dialog box, you may have to re-install Excel and select the option to install Solver.
- Starting CAPM the first time: Open the firsttime.xls file in the CAPM folder. This program sets up certain paths for the program. Before quitting CAPM after using it for the first time, choose “Save” from the “File” menu. Then click the “Quit” option in the CAPM toolbar at the bottom of the Excel window.
- Starting CAPM subsequent times: Open the Capm.xls file in the CAPM folder. Always use the “Quit” option in the CAPM toolbar at the bottom of the Excel window.
The RAND Corporation is a nonprofit research organization providing objective analysis and effective solutions that address the challenges facing the public and private sectors around the world. RAND's publications do not necessarily reflect the opinions of its research clients and sponsors.
* RAND research is conducted across divisions, centers, and projects; these organizational components are represented in the "Related RAND Divisions" section above.