RAND Locations: Washington, D.C. Office
RAND Corporation, Washington Office
1200 South Hayes Street
Arlington, Virginia 22202-5050
Tel: (703) 413-1100
Office of Media Relations: (703) 414-4795
Ext. for Office of Congressional Relations: 5395
Fax: (703) 413-8111
RAND's Washington Office is located in Metro Tower at Pentagon City, which is attached to the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City shopping mall, just off Interstate 395, near both the Pentagon and Reagan National Airport. The building front is located on South Hayes Street in Arlington, to the right of the Ritz Carlton Hotel.
Entering the Building
Enter the Metro Tower at Pentagon City from the lobby off of Hayes Street, to the right of the Ritz Carlton. The lobby entrance will be on your right as you approach the entrance to the mall. Visitors without a RAND ID will be asked to show valid government-issued photo identification and check in with the Metro Tower security guard at the building lobby. You may then take the elevator to the fourth floor and check in at the RAND reception desk.
RAND is located above the Pentagon City Metro station, which is served by both the blue and yellow lines. There are two options for arriving at RAND's lobby from the metro. First, after passing the fare card vending machines, take a left and proceed up the escalators on the left-hand side. When you come out of the metro, you will be at the street level, and the Metro Tower will be to your right. Alternatively, after passing the fare card vending machines, take a left and proceed straight ahead to the mall entrance. After you arrive at the food-court level, take the escalator up one level to the main floor, proceed toward the left, and you will see a mall exit. The entrance to the Metro Tower at Pentagon City will be on your left, just outside the mall exit.
Arriving by Amtrak
From Union Station (Washington), take Metro (Red Line, toward Grosvenor) to Gallery Place (about 4 minutes); then from Gallery Place, transfer to the Yellow Line (headed to Huntington) and get off at Pentagon City (about 10 minutes). See above for locating the building from the metro.
- Driving south on I-395—Take Exit 8C - Route 1 (Jefferson Davis Highway), Crystal City, Pentagon City. Proceed on Route 1 to exit for 15th Street - Pentagon City. Take 15th Street to Hayes Street. Turn right on Hayes Street to 1200 South Hayes.
- Driving north on I-395—Take Exit 8C - Route 1 South/Pentagon City.
- Driving south on the George Washington Parkway—From the Beltway entrance, follow the Washington DC/I-395 signs. Pass the exits for Key Bridge and Rosslyn. You will see signs for Lyndon Johnson Grove/395/Pentagon. Approximately one-half mile past the exit for the Memorial Bridge and Arlington Cemetery, take the exit ramp to the right and then stay right, toward 395 South/Pentagon. Once up on 395, pass the first exit ramp marked Pentagon/Mall Entrance and take the second ramp to the right at the 244 West/Columbia Pike/ Navy Annex exit. At first stoplight turn left onto South Joyce Street. Continue to next light, turn left onto Army Navy Drive. Entrance to the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City parking is on the right, just past the entrance to Harris Teeter.
- Driving north on the George Washington Parkway—Take the Richmond/I-395 South exit. Get in the left lane and take Exit 8C-15th Street South/Pentagon City.
- Driving south on Route 1—Exit at 15th Street South/Pentagon City. Turn right.
- Driving north on Route 1—Exit at 15th Street South/Pentagon City. Turn left.
- Driving east on I-66, toward D.C.—Take Exit 75-Route 110 Pentagon City. Follow the Route 1 South signs and pass the Pentagon Building to the Pentagon City exit.
- From the Woodrow Wilson Bridge—Take Route 1 North, through Alexandria, until you reach Crystal City. Exit at 15th Street and turn left.
Parking is available in the parking structure of the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City mall and can be entered from either Army Navy Drive or 15th Street. You may park on any level of the mall, but it is recommended that you park on level P1 of the parking facility and at the north end, so that you may then avoid taking the escalators once inside. From the parking garage, enter the mall and proceed to the opposite side of the atrium, overlooking the food court. If you parked on another level, take the escalators or elevators to the main floor (G). Follow signs to the Metro Tower at Pentagon City; the lobby entrance is just outside the mall's exit to South Hayes Street.
View additional area information for conference attendees visiting the Washington Office.
|Maximum Daily Rate||$20.00|
Effective May 2023