Launch of the RAND REACH Center – A Virtual Center for Collaborative Research in Complementary and Integrative Health
Thursday, November 2nd
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. PT)
How to Join:
Details on attending the event will be sent to registered attendees.
Register in advance for this event.Register Now
You will receive event details via email after you register.
Participate in the official launch of the RAND Research Across Complementary and Integrative Institutions (REACH) Virtual Resource Center by joining this conversation with RAND and the NIH National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH).
There is a recognized need for rigorous research in complementary and integrative health (CIH) to inform health care practice, administration, policy, and public health guidance. To help build CIH research capacity, the RAND REACH Center leverages RAND’s longstanding history of rigorous and productive health services research to provide a virtual resource platform for research collaboration between RAND and institutions that graduate licensed CIH practitioners.
We invite you to virtually join us to learn more about the RAND REACH Center’s mission and goals; activities related to training, mentorship, and capacity building; and opportunities for participation and partnerships!
An Investment in CIH Research Capacity by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH): The RAND REACH Virtual Resource Center
- Helene Langevin, M.D., Director, National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
- Emmeline Edwards, Ph.D., Director of the Division of Extramural Research of the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
- Lanay M. Mudd, Ph.D., Project Scientist from National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) for the REACH Center
- Jennifer (Jenny) N. Baumgartner, Ph.D., Program Director in the Clinical Research Branch in the Division of Extramural Research at the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
The Strong Foundation of the RAND REACH Center
- Patricia M. Herman, N.D., Ph.D., Senior Behavioral Scientist at the RAND Corporation and Co-Director and Co-PI for the RAND REACH Center
- Ian D. Coulter, Ph.D., Senior Health Policy Analyst at the RAND Corporation and Co-Director and Co-PI for the RAND REACH Center
Building Capacity: Operations and Resources of the RAND REACH Center
- Ryan Bradley, N.D., M.P.H., Director of Research and a Senior Research Investigator in the Helfgott Research Institute at National University of Natural Medicine and Collaboration Coordinator for the RAND REACH Center
- Michele Maiers, D.C., Ph.D., Executive Director, Research and Innovation at Northwestern Health Sciences University, and Co-Director of the RAND REACH Center
RAND REACH Center Plan for Enhancing Diverse Perspectives
- Rhianna C. Rogers, Ph.D., Director of the Center to Advance Racial Equity Policy and a Policy Researcher at the RAND Corporation
Benefits and Opportunities for CIH Research from Members’ Perspectives
- James Whedon, D.C., M.S., Director of Health Services Research and Professor of Research at Southern California University of Health Sciences
- Paul Amieux, Ph.D., Research Administrative Director at Bastyr University
- Brian Anderson, D.C., M.P.H., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research
CIH Community Perspectives on the RAND REACH Center
- Margaret A. Chesney, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine at the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health, and in the Division of Prevention Science at UCSF, and Chair of the Advisory Committee of the REACH Center