This report analyzes the costs to implement the Children's Aid Society's Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program in-school model for a year at one school district in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Cost information about the CAS-Carrera's in-school model will be useful for replication and policymaking in other school districts interested in implementation.
- What are the broad categories of resources required for implementation?
- What are the type and quantity of resources required for the implementation?
- What are the demographics of the students in the CAS-Carrera program?
- What is the total cost of the CAS-Carrera program implementation in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
The Children's Aid Society (CAS) has been providing services to improve the well-being of the neediest children in the New York City area for more than 160 years. CAS services encompass the prenatal period through early adulthood and include such programming areas as enriched preschool, foster care, after-school programs, and health services. One of the signature CAS programs is the Children's Aid Society's Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program, which is known as CAS-Carrera. This report estimates the costs of the in-school model for one year in one school district partnership in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Cost information about CAS-Carrera's in-school model will be useful for replication and policymaking in Tulsa and other school districts and community organizations interested in implementation, and it could be combined with evaluation data to form the basis for cost-benefit analysis of the in-school model for Tulsa in the future. There are only preliminary estimates of the cost of the in-school model in one school district site partnership, and this report aims to fill that gap by providing a full accounting of the quantity of costs and resources need to implement the in-school model in Tulsa.
- The total cost to implement the CAS-Carrera in-school model in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for 880 students in grades 6 through 9 for the 2014–2015 school year was $3,123,321 including on- and off-budget resources.
- The total on-budget costs for the year was $2,889,182, of which 84 percent of on-budget costs were personnel.
- The on-budget cost per student per year is $3,283.
Table of Contents
Data Collection Form
Cost Categories and Details