Mattias Eken is an analyst at the RAND Corporation. Working primarily in the area of defence and security at RAND Europe, his research interests include nuclear strategy and security, counterterrorism, intelligence studies, and global security. In addition, he has worked on projects relating to emerging technologies and the space sector. Mattias has contributed to research projects for high-profile clients such as the UK Ministry of Defence, the UK Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, the UK Space Agency, and the Australian Department of Defense.
Prior to coming to RAND, Mattias worked as an adjunct assistant professor in liberal arts at Richmond, the American International University in London where he specialised in American Studies. He has also worked as a researcher and tutor at the University of St. Andrews. His research has been published in outlets such as The Conversation and U.S. Studies Online. He holds a Ph.D. in modern history from University of St. Andrews, an M.A. in war studies from King's College London, and a B.A. in history from University of Wales, Trinity Saint David.
- RCDS Teaching Strategy
- Lived experiences of non-UK veterans
- SWOT Analysis of UK Space Science Sector
- Australian Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program Regulation
Honors & Awards
- Rev F J T David Memorial Prize in History, University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- Professor Daniel Dawson Memorial Prize for History, University of Wales, Lampeter