Is ExpertLens Right for Me?
ExpertLens is the right system for you if your goals are to:
- Understand the thinking of a large number of individuals with different perspectives on a particular issue and identify the reasons for disagreement.
- Collect information quickly and cost effectively by engaging participants in an iterative process without spending time and money scheduling phone or face-to-face meetings.
- Benefit from the expertise of individuals, regardless of their geographic location, who have interest, training, and/or experience in a number of areas related to the issue at hand.
- Ensure diversity among participants without being afraid that heterogeneous groups may not be able to reach consensus.
- Minimize the burden on participants by ensuring that participation is convenient and the data collection tool is intuitive and user-friendly.
- Encourage individuals to share their perspectives openly and learn about alternative approaches—without being influenced by the social status of other participants.
- Automatically analyze rating data using the analytic approach described in the RAND/UCLA Appropriateness Method User’s Manual.
- Engage patients and their representatives to develop clinical guidelines using the RAND/PPMD Patient-Centeredness Method (RPM).
- Combine relevant quantitative and qualitative data in a seamless way.
Specific Advantages to Using ExpertLens
Online surveys and face-to-face meetings are two common alternatives to ExpertLens. See for yourself how they compare to ExpertLens.
|Features||Online Surveys||Group Meetings||ExpertLensTM|
|Participants can answer questions|
|Participation does not require traveling to a centralized location|
|Participants' answers are analyzed automatically|
|Each participant sees how his/her own answers compare to those of others|
|Participants can discuss group's answers|
|Discussions can be moderated|
|Discussions can be made anonymous|
|Discussions can be made asynchronous|
|Participants can change their answers after a group discussion|
|Engagement of international participants does not increase costs|
|Studies can be initiated quickly with minimum startup cost and participant burden|
As you can see, ExpertLens offers both anonymity and ease of use to your participants, and it's also cost effective and easy to administer for you.